The Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership was established in July 2011 as a private sector led partnership between Swindon Borough Council, Wiltshire Council and local businesses. Our primary role is to drive economic growth, by creating jobs, attracting new investments and supporting new and growing businesses in Swindon and Wiltshire.
We are a highly competitive economy ranked 12th out of the 38 LEPs in England. Our ambitions are to build on our strengths:-
- Pivotal central southern location with geographic proximity to major economic centres including London, key airports, and coastal ports;
- a dynamic economy with national clusters in life sciences, advanced manufacturing, financial and professional services, digital and information and communications technology (ICT) and land based industries
- an attractive rural economy with UNESCO heritage sites and visitor attractions;
- an economically significant military presence;
- strong small and medium sized enterprise(SME) growth with high levels of innovation and business survival; and
- a vibrant economy with skilled workforce and low unemployment