By 2026, we want Swindon and Wiltshire to be renowned for innovation, entrepreneurialism and our great quality of life.
Based on our vision for 2026, we have framed five strategic objectives which are also our priorities for investment. They are:
- Skills and talent - we need to enable an appropriately skilled and competitive workforce to achieve our growth ambitions;
- Transport infrastructure improvements - we need to enable a well connected, reliable and resilient transport system to support economic and planned development growth at key locations;
- Digital capability - we need to deliver excellence in digital connectivity and cyber transformation to achieve business growth, innovative public services and influence societal change;
- Place shaping - we need to deliver the infrastructure required to deliver our planned growth and regenerate our City and Town Centres, and improve our visitor and cultural offer
- Business development - we need to strengthen the competitiveness of small and medium sized businesses and attract a greater share of foreign and domestic investment into the area.
For a more detailed breakdown of our objectives and to see our Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) 2016-2026 click here