What is The Enterprise Network?
TEN is a £5.2m initiative to boost small and start-up businesses across Wiltshire and Swindon, led by Wiltshire Council in partnership with:
- Swindon Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Military Civilian Integration Partnership and 1st Artillery Brigade & South West (formerly 43 Wessex Brigade)
- Inspire by Wessex Chambers
TEN has funding from Wiltshire Council's Action for Wiltshire programme, the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Plain Action Local Action Group (LEADER) funded through the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) and Rural Growth Network funding from the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Government Equalities Office through the SWLEP.
What The Enterprise Network offers start-up and growing small rural businesses across Swindon and Wiltshire:
- Affordable offices at four new Enterprise Centres (at Ludgershall near Tidworth, Royal Wootton Bassett, Salisbury and Trowbridge, Tisbury and Satellite Centres)
- Flexible co-working space and virtual office (Companies House registered business address) services
- Free business support from Wiltshire Business Support Services
- A wide range of free networking and learning events open to businesses from across Swindon and Wiltshire
- TEN also works to encourage and support women entrepreneurs, and to help military spouses and partners become their own boss.
Helping existing business centres expand
TEN sourced £1m in Rural Growth Network grants to help six other rural business centres to expand their support for rural start-ups. These satellite centres include the new Wiltshire 3D Enterprise Centre at Wiltshire College, Lackham and facilities due to open in 2015 at The Glove Factory Studios at Holt, Butts Business Centre, Chiseldon and at Elcot Park, Marlborough