Swindon and Wiltshire is a great place to locate a business. We are among the top five business locations in the country for these reasons:
- Excellent transport connections - within the area, as well as strong rail connections to the rest of the country and it being situated on the M4, M5 and M3 motorways. Bristol (30 miles) and London Heathrow (100 miles) International Airports are reachable by car, whilst the ports of Southampton and Bristol are also nearby.
- Skilled Workforce - good progress has been made in qualifying the local workforce. The Swindon and Wiltshire LEP area have a higher percentage of L4+ qualifications than nationally. The unemployment rate is also well below the national average. The GVA per hour worked which is an indicator of productivity, is also higher than nationally.
- Sustainable labour - a plethora of quality universities in nearby Bristol, Bath, Oxford and Cardiff, as well as 74% of local schools rated "good" or "outstanding", ensuring the workforce of the future will be high quality
- Low commercial property rent - Commercial property in Swindon costs 50% less on average than in Bristol or Reading. Property on average costs 75% less than in London.
- Regeneration plans - are gathering momentum and achieving results, including the regeneration of Swindon town centre.
- Strong business community - With successful, growing companies such as Honda, Intel, Dyson, Zurich and Nationwide based in the region, it proves that the infrastructure is already strong and will keep growing in the future.